Skip to Main Content
JSTOR offers full-text access to academic books:
- High quality content: More than 120,000 ebooks are available from 300+ renowned scholarly publishers
- Easy to find: Ebooks are cross-searchable with journal articles on the JSTOR platform
- Easy to use: Ebook chapters are downloadable as standard PDFs; no special software is needed, and downloads never expire
- Free and licensed content: Libraries can license content, plus Open Access content is freely available to everyone
Open Access on JSTOR
Open Access News:
- JSTOR has digitized 680 out-of-print titles from El Colegio de México Press: Thanks to a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, these titles have been made accessible on an open access basis.
- Open Access model for monographs: A partnership led by the Latin Americanist Research Resources Project is working toward a sustainable Open Access model for monographs to be developed and supported by the library community. More than 280 titles in 35 disciplines across the social sciences and humanities are now freely available on JSTOR.
Using Ebooks on JSTOR
JSTOR now includes the full-text of more than 120,000 ebooks. Watch this video to learn more.
Welcoming new publishers: The Books at JSTOR program continues to grow and now offers more than 120,000 ebooks for library acquisition as well as 9,000+ Open Access titles. We're thrilled to welcome the following publishers:
- transcript Verlag (Germany): One of the leading academic publishers in the German-speaking world, its list focuses on the cultural and social sciences.
- Intellect Books (UK): An independent academic publisher, Intellect focuses on the arts, communication and media, and cultural studies.
- Karolinum Press (Czech Republic): Part of Charles University in Prague, Karolinum publishes scholarly monographs in history and art history, language textbooks, and books on Prague and modern Czech classics.
Over 8,500 Spanish-language ebooks are now available: Contributing Latin American publishers include Editorial Universidad del Rosario, El Colegio de México, Ediciones UC, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, and many more.
Most Popular Open Access eBooks on JSTOR
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2019 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, JPASS®, Artstor® and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.