Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
JSTOR offers full-text access to academic books:
- High quality content: More than 100,000 ebooks are available from 275+ renowned scholarly publishers
- Easy to find: Ebooks are cross-searchable with journal articles on the JSTOR platform
- Easy to use: No need to log in or use special software. Ebooks are downloadable as standard PDFs
- Free and licensed content: Libraries can license content, while free content also exists on an Open Access basis at no cost to users or libraries
Suggest Books at JSTOR to your library!
Interested in ebooks, journals or primary sources available in your discipline on JSTOR? Let us know what you’re interested in, and we’ll share this information with your librarian in our next conversation.
Open Access on JSTOR
Open Access News:
- JSTOR has digitized 680 out-of-print titles from El Colegio de México Press: Thanks to a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, these titles have been made accessible on an open access basis.
- Open Access model for monographs: A pilot program project led by Latin American Research Resources Project (LARRP) is testing a framework for sustainable, long-term stewardship of Open Access scholarly monographs, developed and supported by the library community. 200 of CLACSO's titles in 17 disciplines across the social sciences and humanities are available on JSTOR!
Using Ebooks on JSTOR
JSTOR now includes the full-text of more than 100,000 ebooks. Watch this video to learn more.
- Over 5,000 Spanish-language ebooks are now accessible: Contributing Latin American publishers include Editorial Universidad del Rosario, El Colegio de México, Ediciones UC, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, and many more.
- New publishers to the ebooks platform include:
- Stanford University Press publishes books focusing on business, the humanities, and social sciences, and has over 500 titles available for use on JSTOR.
- The University of Washington Press publishes compelling and transformative works in American, Asian, Native American and Indigenous studies, Women's, Gender, and Sexuality studies, critical ethics studies, anthropology, art history and visual culture, environmental history, and US history.
- The University of Notre Dame Press, the largest Catholic university press in the world, publishes academic and general interest books that tackle some of the most enduring questions of our time.
Most Popular Open Access eBooks on JSTOR
Get Help with JSTOR
JSTOR Website & Technical Support
(888) 388-3574, toll free in the United States
(734) 887-7001, local and international
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT (GMT -4:00)
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2019 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, JPASS®, Artstor® and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.