Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
JSTOR is an online digital library of academic journals, ebooks, and primary sources.
Access to Content on JSTOR
Your library's access to JSTOR may be limited to certain journals, books, and primary sources. Contact your library for more information.
JSTOR Daily: Arts & Culture Feed
Read our online magazine that connects news and current affairs with related scholarship on JSTOR. It's a great source of ideas for paper topics and classroom discussions.
Get Help with JSTOR
JSTOR Website & Technical Support
(888) 388-3574, toll free in the United States
(734) 887-7001, local and international
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT (GMT -4:00)
Search JSTOR for Articles and Ebooks in Art History
Journals and ebooks in Art & Art History
- JSTOR includes more than 125 journal titles and hundreds of ebooks within the discipline of art & art history.
- The collection is strongest in the sub-disciplines of fine arts, Western art, Asian art, classical and ancient art, and Medieval and Renaissance art.
- A special highlight of the art content on JSTOR includes a group of rare American art periodicals from the early 20th century that includes the poems, designs, and art work from contemporaries such as Alfred Stieglitz, Katharine Rhoades, Francis Picabia, and William H. Bradley.
- The content includes titles from many of the leading societies (College Art Association, Society of Architectural Historians, Royal Society of the Arts, among others) as well as publications from museums and art library associations (Metropolitan Museum of Art, MoMA, the British Museum, the Rijksmuseum).
- At this time, the majority of the content is from the United States, with international titles coming from the UK, Germany, and the Netherlands.
- A highlight of the ebook collection is the Royal Irish Academy’s five-volume set, Art and Architecture of Ireland. Featuring more than 3,000 images, these ebooks explore Ireland's artistic and architectural heritage from the early Middle Ages to the end of the 20th century.
Primary Source Collections with Art & Art History Content
Looking for images? Learn more about Artstor, a digital library of images from around the world.
Top Art & Art History eBooks on JSTOR
Having trouble getting access to JSTOR? See the JSTOR Support site for help logging in from an offsite location.
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2019 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, JPASS®, Artstor® and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.