Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
JSTOR is an online digital library of academic journals, ebooks, and primary sources.
Access to Content on JSTOR
Your library's access to JSTOR may be limited to certain journals, books, and primary sources. Contact your library for more information.
JSTOR Daily: Politics & History Feed
Read our online magazine that connects news and current affairs with related scholarship on JSTOR. It's a great source of ideas for paper topics and classroom discussions.
Search JSTOR for Articles and Ebooks in History
About the History Content on JSTOR
- There are more than 300 authoritative history journals on JSTOR, with deep coverage of American history as well as world history. The content is strong in analysis across periods and cultures, with intersecting research in philology, historiography, and more.
- Many U.S. state historical society journals and magazines are also available.
- In addition to the broad coverage in journals, JSTOR also includes more than 25,000 history ebooks from leading publishers and university presses.
Top History eBooks on JSTOR
Having trouble getting access to JSTOR? See the JSTOR Support site for help logging in from an offsite location.
Get Help with JSTOR
JSTOR Website & Technical Support
(888) 388-3574, toll free in the United States
(734) 887-7001, local and international
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT (GMT -4:00)
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2019 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, JPASS®, Artstor® and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.