Skip to main content
JSTOR is an online digital library of academic journals, ebooks, and primary sources.
Access to Content on JSTOR
Your library's access to JSTOR may be limited to certain journals, books, and primary sources. Contact your library for more information.
JSTOR Daily: Arts & Culture Feed
Read our online magazine that connects news and current affairs with related scholarship on JSTOR. It's a great source of ideas for paper topics and classroom discussions.
Search JSTOR for Articles and Ebooks in Language & Literature
About Language & Literature content on JSTOR
- Language & literature has some of the broadest coverage on JSTOR - there are more than 400 journals and hundreds of academic ebooks in this subject area (access is depending on your library's subscriptions).
- Coverage of the subject is very broad, encompassing both literary studies and the study of language, from its historical origins to its contemporary usage and education.
- The journal titles span the literary cultures of many different countries, containing articles in several languages, including French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish and German.
- Sub-disciplines and strengths include literary criticism, foreign language education, linguistics, contemporary literature, composition, rhetorical studies, literary and cultural reviews, and creative writing.
Top Language & Literature eBooks on JSTOR
Having trouble getting access to JSTOR? See the JSTOR Support site for help logging in from an offsite location.
Get Help with JSTOR
Help with JSTOR Guides & Education
JSTOR Website & Technical Support
(888) 388-3574, toll free in the United States
(734) 887-7001, local and international
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT (GMT -4:00)
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2019 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, JPASS®, Artstor® and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.