Skip to main content
JSTOR is an online digital library of academic journals, ebooks, and primary sources.
Access to Content on JSTOR
Your library's access to JSTOR may be limited to certain journals, books, and primary sources. Contact your library for more information.
JSTOR Daily: Arts & Culture Feed
Read our online magazine that connects news and current affairs with related scholarship on JSTOR. It's a great source of ideas for paper topics and classroom discussions.
Search JSTOR for Articles and Ebooks in [DISCIPLINE]
Music content on JSTOR
- The collection of music content on JSTOR includes more than 70 journals and 50 academic ebooks and covers many interdisciplinary subjects, overlapping with areas such as African-american studies, education, and the performing arts.
- A group of titles ranging from African music to folk music to Asian music provide in-depth resources for cultural and regional studies.
- Music content on JSTOR is strong in musicology, ethnomusicology, music theory, and music education.
- Key titles include Musical Times, Music Educators, Music & Letters, and Popular Music, among many others from leading publishers (American Musicological Society, Music Library Association, and the Society for Music Theory).
Top Music eBooks on JSTOR
Having trouble getting access to JSTOR? See the JSTOR Support site for help logging in from an offsite location.
Get Help with JSTOR
Help with JSTOR Guides & Education
JSTOR Website & Technical Support
(888) 388-3574, toll free in the United States
(734) 887-7001, local and international
M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT (GMT -4:00)
JSTOR is part of ITHAKA, a not-for-profit organization helping the academic community use digital technologies to preserve the scholarly record and to advance research and teaching in sustainable ways.
©2000-2019 ITHAKA. All Rights Reserved. JSTOR®, the JSTOR logo, JPASS®, Artstor® and ITHAKA® are registered trademarks of ITHAKA.